On a budget and looking for a local’s perspective to which San Diego hotels will truly place you a stone’s throw away from San Diego’s renowned beaches? The best beach in San Diego is up for debate, but it’s easy to choose great hotels for a San Diego beach vacation. The following hotels and locations offer any prospective visitor the quintessential San Diego
experience; they personify the laid-back Southern California vibe that permeates this beach side city.
1. Holiday Inn Express La Jolla: The Holiday Inn Express La Jolla places visitors within walking distance to La Jolla Cove as well as other beaches. Since proximity to world-class beaches is what makes San Diego such an attraction to visitors, what more could you ask for? This San Diego hotel offers reasonable rates and its amenities include an outdoor pool and Jacuzzi to bask in the Southern California sunshine, a daily complimentary breakfast and free Internet access. “The Cove” is an ideal spot for a splash in the Pacific Ocean, and for observing the bounty of marine life that populates the surrounding waters. The breathtaking vistas of dramatic, jagged cliffs contrasted with serene ocean waters also make La Jolla Cove perfect for a leisurely stroll.
2. Pacific Shores Inn: The Pacific Shores Inn is situated on the boardwalk of San Diego’s Pacific Beach, which means that guests are at the epicenter of everything this young and vibrant community has to offer. The Pacific Shores Inn is known for cheap rates for their inviting accommodations. A great perk is that this San Diego hotel supplies free parking to its guests, which is ideal in an area where finding a parking spot, can be tricky. Not only is the Pacific Shores Inn within walking distance of the boardwalk and beaches, they have an outdoor pool for guests to relax in for some time spent away from the hordes of beachgoers. This San Diego hotel
is ideal for any family with a limited budget longing for a beachside vacation, as kids sixteen and under stay free at the Pacific Shores Inn.
3. Best Western Blue Sea Lodge: For an alternative also located in San Diego’s Pacific Beach neighborhood, budget-conscious visitors should try booking a room at the Best Western Blue Sea Lodge. The rates of this San Diego hotel are reasonable, but the waterfront location is one of a kind. This San Diego hotel is decked out in functional 1970’s architecture and rests on the San Diego seashore, which means not only are guests a few steps away from the Pacific Ocean, but that some rooms have majestic ocean views. This hotel in San Diego provides free Wi-Fi access, and also has bike rentals at their guests’ disposal.
4. Glorietta Bay Inn in Coronado: The Glorietta Bay Inn situates their guests right in the heart of historic Coronado. Infused with a sleepy, retro charm that encapsulates the atmosphere of Coronado itself, the Glorietta Bay Inn is a landmark structure originally built in 1908. Nestled on the East side of Coronado Island, it overlooks Glorietta Bay and is a five minute walk from the celebrated Coronado Municipal Beach. This beach has graced many a list of best beaches, and is a popular spot for tourists and locals alike. This San Diego hotel combines turn of the 20th century grandeur with 21st century comforts. Each uniquely decorated suite is outfitted with free high-speed wireless Internet access. The Glorietta Bay Inn also has a complimentary breakfast, and both a Jacuzzi and pool for guests to use.
5. Hampton Inn Del Mar: Del Mar is an affluent coastal community of San Diego, renowned for its panoramic scenery and small town feel. However, you won’t have to break the bank for a stay in this exclusive locale as the Hampton Inn Del Mar provides comfortable, budget-friendly accommodations in the vicinity of the area’s best beaches. This San Diego hotel is actually a mere mile away from the beach, and is also near many dining options. It provides free parking if you’d prefer to have a car on hand to make your trip to the beach even shorter. For those who would prefer not to drive, the hotel offers a free shuttle service to transport its guests to all of the Del Mar and San Diego hotspots. If visitors would like to unwind and relax without leaving the hotel, the Hampton Inn Del Mar has a heated outdoor pool, as well as complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi access.